Voter ID card is a well known identity proof for Indians and as the name is justifying it gives you a right to vote. Every Indian of 18 years or more is liable to have Voter ID card. Many a time government hires a group who will roam the whole city and help those who want to make Voter ID card. But it is natural that all of us do not make full use of it, but now this facility is available over net. Through net we can apply for the same and can get our Voter ID card within a time span of One month.
5 Simple Steps to apply for Voter Card
- The fist step to the preparation of Voter ID card is to download the Form 6 which is meant for Voter Id card purpose. Click here to download the form eci.nic.in/eci_main/forms/FORM6.pdf
- After downloading the form print only page 3 and page 4 of Form 6 as these are the form which is applicable for Voter ID Card registration.
- After printing you are requested to fill the form with the appropriate details and correct information and sign the documents.
- Along with the form you have to submit any address proof for the current place you are staying.
Some of the address proofs that you enclose are:
- Landline/Mobile Bill
- Water Bill
- Electricity Bill
- Ration Card
- House/Rent Agreement
- Bank statement
- Property Bill
- Driving License
- LPG receipt
- Now with the form attach Xerox copy of any of the above mentioned documents and document which certify your age and submit the documents to any of the nearest Electoral Registration Officer (ERO). This certifies your citizenship.
NOTE: It is not compulsory that the address poof should contain you name you can submit the address proof which on your parents name that will also work.
Once you have submitted your application after few days a block Level Officer will visit on the address provided by you in the application and address proof provided by you for confirming that you have given correct details. If every thing goes fine the process of making Voter ID card will start and you will get your card via mail within few days or a month.
Any individual after 18 should have Voter ID Card and should give vote as our country’s future is in our hand. So make Voter ID Card and VOTE!!! Its our right!!abc